The department of Mechanical engineering came into existence in the year 2016. It is a major and pioneer department of the college, imparting instructions leading to the Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Since its inception, the department has actively participated in teaching, training, design, development, research and extension activities. The department has brought out graduates, who have excelled in every field; they have gone to and have brought laurels to the college. This extraordinary success has been achieved due to the highly qualified and dedicated faculty and technicians and also to the curriculum and the facilities in the department. The courses are meticulously designed for basic concepts and keep the students in tune with the latest developments and advances in mechanical engineering. The students graduating from this department have just the right ingredients to set the industrial, managerial, and administrative world ablaze with their achievements. Currently, the department has an intake capacity of 60 in the B.Tech program.
To become acclaimed Department of Higher Learning, Research, Innovation and Incubation in the Mechanical Engineering Department.
- To provide quality education to the students in order to make them globally competitive Mechanical Engineers.
- To enhance the skills of students using modern engineering tools and experimental techniques to solve real-life mechanical engineering problems.
- To make them work in groups with high levels of societal, environmental, and professional ethics with a self-learning attitude.
- To establish linkages with the Industries, R&D organizations, and Educational institutions in India and abroad for excellence in teaching, research, and innovation.
The Programme Education Objectives of B.Tech. In Mechanical Engineering are-
- To prepare students in the area of mechanical engineering for successful careers in industries, academia and research organizations through state-of-the-art education
- To provide students with a sound foundation in science and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve mechanical engineering problems and to prepare them for research activities.
- To develop ability in the field of machine design, thermal engineering, manufacturing, and industrial engineering so as to design and create novel products, processes, and solutions for the real-life problems
- To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication & teamwork skills and the ability to apply multidisciplinary knowledge to relate mechanical engineering problems to broader environmental and social context.
- To engage students in professional development through self-learning and keep abreast with the state-of-the-art technology needed for a successful professional career
The Programme Specific Outcomes of B.Tech. In Mechanical Engineering are-
- Graduates will be able to identify, analyze and solve engineering problems relating to mechanical systems together with allied engineering streams.
- Graduates will learn managerial skills and interdisciplinary technologies to work effectively in a team and in society by following ethical and environmental practices.
The Programme Outcomes of B.Tech. In Mechanical Engineering are-
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and mechanical engineering fundamentals to solve real-life problems.
- Identify, formulate, apply engineering knowledge, and conduct research to solve real-life mechanical engineering problems.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process by applying the knowledge of Machine Design, Thermal Engineering, and Manufacturing to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, cultural, societal, health and safety, and sustainability.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data and synthesis of the information to reach solutions.
- Select, create and apply modern engineering and IT tools, including CAD, and CAM to solve complex engineering problems.
- Apply reasoning to assess the impact of engineering solutions and practices in a global, societal, health, safety, legal and cultural context.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles, inculcate moral values, and commit to professional ethics, responsibility, and norms of engineering practice.
- Function effectively as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering fraternity and society at large such as being able to understand and write effective reports, documents, and presentations and give and take instructions clearly.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of industrial engineering and management principles and function in multidisciplinary teams as a member or leader to manage projects.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long self-learning in state-of-the-art technology.
The department has the following well-equipped laboratories enriching the technical knowledge of the students:
Fluid Machinery Lab
Heat Transfer Lab
IC Engine & Automobile Lab
Mechanical Measurement Lab
Material Science Lab
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Lab
Strength of Material Lab
Theory of Machine Lab
Computer-Aided Design Lab
- Industrial Visit
- Expert Lecture
- Poster Presentation
- Social Activities
Dr. Vivekanand Shukla
Qualification- Ph.D., M Tech.
Mr. Rakesh Verma
Qualification- Ph.D. (Submitted), M.Tech
Email- 78.verma@gmail Contact- 9140296483
Mr. Anurag Tripathi
Qualification- M. Tech.
Department of Mechanical Engineering, IET,
Dr. Shakuntala Mishra National Rehabilitation University
Mohan Road, Lucknow, U. P. (226017)